Savory Vegan Wonderful Pistachios Cheese Bites
These plant-based cheese bites combine the savory crunch of Wonderful Pistachios with the creaminess of vegan cheese. Wonderful Pistachios is a complete protein, making these bites great on a protein-powered snack board, or on their own anytime.
- Cook time15mins
- Total time60+mins
- 1 cup Wonderful Pistachios In-Shell No Salt pistachios, shelled (about 1/2 cup of pistachio kernels)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 grapes
- 1 heaping cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted, crushed
- Place the No Salt pistachios and cashews in a food-safe container and cover with cold water by 2" to 3". Put the lid on the container and move it to the refrigerator to soak for a minimum of 12 hours (maximum of 36 hours).
- Drain nuts, discard the soaking water, and transfer to a food processor along with the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, nutritional yeast, salt, and olive oil. Process until very creamy and smooth, scraping down sides. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Scoop all the pureed nut mixture into the cheesecloth and twist to secure. Place in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 6 hours) to set.
Cheese will keep up to five days in the refrigerator or 30 days in the freezer.
Serving suggestion: Wrap chilled cheese around a grape and roll in crushed Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted. Place on a toothpick and enjoy! NOTE: You will need about 1 teaspoon cheese for each grape and about 1 teaspoon crushed pistachios to cover the cheese.
In this recipe
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted are easy on the salt*, and even easier to enjoy.
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.