Lemony Beet Hummus with Poached Wonderful Pistachios
Move over, traditional hummus! This new twist on the dip uses white beans to allow all its flavors to shine through. Its pretty hue is thanks to beets! Pair with sliced cucumbers, jicama, or whole grain pita chips. Enjoy as a sandwich condiment, too.
- Cook time25mins
- Total time30mins
- 3/4 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted, divided
- 8 oz. cooked peeled beets, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons juice)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons roasted pistachio oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup Wonderful Pistachios and 3 cups cold water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered until the pistachios are softened (poached), about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add the poached pistachios, beets, beans, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and cumin to a blender. Cover and puree until velvety smooth, at least 3 minutes on high speed, scraping down sides as needed. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Wonderful Pistachios, and serve.
In this recipe
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted are easy on the salt*, and even easier to enjoy.
- Serving size: 81g
- Calories per serving: 110
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 29mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 250mg
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.