- 3/4 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Roasted & Salted, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 4 oz. vegetable juice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and sliced, plus 1/2 avocado for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, stirring frequently until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, vegetable juice, chicken broth, green chile, Wonderful Pistachios, paprika, pepper, chipotle, and seasoned salt. Increase heat to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Allow soup to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add avocado, cilantro, and lime juice to soup and stir all ingredients to combine.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. With a handheld immersion blender, carefully puree soup to desired consistency. *
- Serve and garnish with additional cilantro and sliced avocado.
* If you do not have an immersion blender, carefully transfer soup to a blender or food processor to puree ingredients. Add pureed soup back into the pot and serve as directed.
In this recipe
Roasted & Salted
For a good source of plant protein without any of the work, grab a bag of No Shells. Get Snackin’ TM.
- Serving size: 209g
- Calories per serving: 140
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 350mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Includes 1g Added Sugars
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 29mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 430mg
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.