Chef Rachel’s Signature Burger
Impress just about any guest with a burger they won’t soon forget. Chef Rachel’s signature burger has it all—juicy flavor, fresh toppings, and a bacon jam that’ll send everyone’s taste buds into a mouthwatering frenzy. Pair it with our 2019 JUSTIFICATION for a truly memorable meal.
- Cook time60mins
- Total time60+mins
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 tablespoons butter 4 8-oz. burger patties
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 2-oz. slices Brie cheese or triple-cream Brie-style cheese (we use St. Angel) 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 teaspoon Pedro Ximénez sherry or red wine vinegar 4 tablespoons chive aioli or mayonnaise with chives
- 4 slices vine-ripened heirloom tomato, cut 1/4" thick
- 3/4 cup bacon jam (recipe below)
- 4 cups applewood smoked bacon, chopped 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons honey 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Espelette pepper (we use the one from Le Sanctuaire, but you can substitute this spice with a mild chili or barbecue seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- Generously butter the buns, then toast them on a flat surface/pan or on the grill.
- Meanwhile, season the burgers with salt and freshly cracked pepper, then grill until rare.
- Add the cheese so that it begins to warm. Continue cooking the meat until medium rare or to your liking.
- Season the arugula with Pedro Ximénez vinegar.
- Build the burger: Slather both halves of the bun with chive aioli, place the arugula on the bottom bun, and then add a slice of tomato, a beef patty, and a generous amount of bacon jam.
- In a large pot over low heat, cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Drain all fat except for 2 tablespoons, then add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add the bacon, vegetable stock, honey, and sugar.
- Cook until the liquid has dissolved, and the bacon is sticky like jam.
- Season with Espelette pepper or barbecue seasoning to your liking.
The jam can be stored for two weeks or longer in the freezer.
- Calories: 100
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.