- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
Avocado-Pistachio Cream Slaw:
- 1/8 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
Pistachio and Hominy Filling:
- 1 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 25-oz. can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 mini tortillas (street taco size, about 4-1/2"), warmed
For the pickled onions:
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, salt, and sugar to an 8-oz. or larger jar and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Place sliced onions in a colander or strainer. Heat 2 cups of water to a boil in the microwave or over the stove. Pour over the onions. Transfer the onions to the container with the vinegar solution. Pack down using a clean, non-reactive spoon, once cooled.
For the slaw:
- Combine the avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, Wonderful Pistachios, lime zest, lime juice, water and kosher salt in a small food processor or a blender and puree until smooth. Add additional water, if needed, to thin to a creamy salad dressing consistency. 2. Place the cabbage and carrot in a large mixing bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine.
For the pistachio and hominy ﬁlling:
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the hominy and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
- Add the Wonderful Pistachios and cook 1 minute more, continuing to stir. (Note: The hominy may stick slightly to the bottom of the pan and that’s okay!)
- Add the cumin and chili powder and cook 1 additional minute. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, lime zest, and salt.
To assemble the tacos:
Divide pistachio mixture evenly among warmed tortillas, top with slaw, and garnish with pickled red onions.
In this recipe
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted are easy on the salt*, and even easier to enjoy.
- Serving size: 104g
- Calories per serving: 140
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 260mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 23mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 140mg
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.