Wonderful Pistachios Mandarin Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry
This dish is extra-flavorful, filling, and a great use for leftover veggies. The unique stir-fry sauce is made creamy with beans instead of cornstarch, and the hint of sweetness is provided by citrus juice instead of honey or other added sugars. The pistachios are a highlight as they provide distinctive color, crunch, and crave-worthiness.
- Cook time15mins
- Total time25mins
- 1/2 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed juice from a Wonderful Halos mandarin (or orange juice)
- 2/3 cup canned no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained
- 2-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups sliced or chopped non-starchy vegetables, such as zucchini or broccoli
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- Add the beans, mandarin juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger to a blender. Cover and puree. Set aside.
- Heat the oils in a stick-resistant wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until it begins to lightly brown, about 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Add the bell peppers, veggies, and white part of the scallions; increase heat to high, and stir-fry until the peppers and veggies are crisp-tender and chicken is well done, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bean sauce, green part of the scallions, and Wonderful Pistachios and cook while stirring until heated through and evenly combined, about 1 minute.
- Enjoy with a side of brown rice or buckwheat soba noodles and, if desired, hot sauce of choice.
Use extra canned beans by tossing them with herbs and vinaigrette to serve as a side—or simply sprinkling onto a salad.
In this recipe
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted are easy on the salt*, and even easier to enjoy.
- Serving size: 291g
- Calories per serving: 320
- Total Fat 16mg
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 650mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21g
- Dietary Fiber 6g
- Total Sugars 7g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 25g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 67mg
- Iron 3mg
- Potassium 770mg
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.