Wonderful Pistachios Summer Salad with Fresh Nectarines and Arugula
This arugula nectarine salad with Wonderful Pistachios and thyme dressing is both gorgeous and delicious. The fresh colors and flavors will definitely brighten up your menu!
- Cook time25mins
- Total time35mins
- 3/4 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Roasted & Salted, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup farro
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chopped arugula
- 1 firm ripe nectarine, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan, combine the farro, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes, until the farro is tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled farro, arugula, nectarine, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- In a dry skillet, toast the Wonderful Pistachios over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir into the salad. Sprinkle the feta cheese over top before serving.
Advance preparation: You can prepare the salad an hour or two before and simply keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
In this recipe
Roasted & Salted
For a good source of plant protein without any of the work, grab a bag of No Shells. Get Snackin’ TM.
- Serving size: 207g
- Calories per serving: 320
- Total Fat 22g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 390mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 5g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 10g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 172mg
- Iron 2mg
- Potassium 340mg
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.