Spinach Salad with Wonderful Pistachios, Halos, Goat Cheese, and Mint
This citrus spinach salad is loaded with good stuff like pistachios, mandarin oranges, leafy greens, and herbs balanced with zing from creamy goat cheese and an apple cider vinegar dressing.
- Total time20mins
- 1/3 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted
- 5 Wonderful Halos mandarins (or 3 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Peel the mandarins. Thinly slice crosswise into rounds
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the mandarin slices to a blender. Cover and puree.
- Add the spinach, onion, and mint to a large bowl. Toss with half of the mandarin vinaigrette.
- Transfer the dressed salad onto individual plates. Arrange the remaining mandarin slices on top. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and Wonderful Pistachios. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette or serve on the side.
Advance preparation: You can prepare the salad an hour or two before and simply keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
In this recipe
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted are easy on the salt*, and even easier to enjoy.
- Serving size: 221g
- Calories per serving: 220
- Total Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 280mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 13g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 7g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 136mg
- Iron 3mg
- Potassium 320mg
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.