Savory Oatmeal with Wonderful Pistachios, Kale, Grape Tomatoes, and Feta
Oatmeal doesn’t have to be served up sweet! This easy savory version is flavorful, colorful, and all-day breakfast-friendly. Plus, the finishing touch of pistachios provides crunchy balance, healthful richness, and extra pops of fiber and complete protein.
- Cook time15mins
- Total time20mins
- 1/2 cup Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups old-fashioned whole grain rolled oats
- 1-1/4 cups quartered grape tomatoes
- 2 5-oz. packages fresh baby kale
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth and hot pepper ﬂakes to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add the oats and grape tomatoes, and stir occasionally until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the kale, 1-1/2 teaspoons of the lemon zest, and salt; stir until the kale is fully wilted, about 1 minute. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with the Wonderful Pistachios, feta cheese, and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest. If desired, serve with lemon wedges on the side.
In this recipe
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells Lightly Salted are easy on the salt*, and even easier to enjoy.
In-store and Online
With a wide range of flavors and styles, there’s a Wonderful® Pistachios product for every taste bud and occasion.